Photo | Good Fight Management
Knocked Loose otherwise abbreviated to 'K//L' released their first official [11 Track] EP: 'Laugh Tracks' on September 16th, 2016 via Pure Noise Record and are currently signed to Good Fight Management. We reviewed the album and the band's tour line-up for 2018. Browse this link for upcoming tour tickets and an active roster of their touring schedule.
Members include Bryan Garris (Vocals), Cole Crutchfield (Rhythm Guitar, Back-Up Vocals), Isaac Hale (Lead Guitar, Back-Up Vocals), Kevin Otten (Bass), and Kevin "Pacsun" Kaine (Drums).
In 2014; K//L independently published a [5 Track] promo-record titled, 'Pop Culture.' According to public records, Knocked Loose have been active since 2013; originally from Oldham County, Kentucky.
Photos | K//L Twitter
Table of Contents:
Recent Accomplishments & Upcoming Tours
Press & Interview Quotes
'Laugh Track' (2016) Album Review
Recent Accomplishments & Upcoming Tours
1. Summer of 2017: K//L toured the U.S. Warped Tour festival "every date; on the full Sail Stage alongside bands such as Trophy Eyes, Boston Manor and Movements." Live recap video available for view directly below!
(Quote | K//L Wikipedia).
Video | Vans Warped Tour Twitter
3. Spring of 2018: K//L is currently (02.28) to (04.01) headlining with support from Terror, Jesus Piece & Year of the Knife: cross-country U.S. & Canada; packing sold-out shows.
Poster | 'Knocked Loose' via Twitter
K//L with Terror, Jesus Piece & Year of the Knife | Tour Dates:
02.28 | Nashville, TN @ The End; 03.01 | Greensboro, NC @ Blind Tiger
03.02 | Atlanta, GA @ Masquerade; 03.03 | Tampa, FL @ Crowbar
03.04 | Jacksonville, FL @1904 Music Hall; 03.06 | Houston, TX @ Walter's Downtown
03.07 | San Antonio, TX @ Alamo City Music Hall; 03.08 | Dallas, TX @ RBC
03.09 | Kansas City, MO @ Davey's Uptown; 03.10 | Denver, CO @ Marquis Theatre
03.11 | Salt Lake City, UT @ In The Venue; 03.13 | Seattle, WA @ El Corazon
03.14 | Portland, OR @ Analog Theatre; 03.16 | Berkeley, CA @ 924 Gilman
03.17 | Los Angeles, CA @ Teragram Ballroom; 03.18 | Anaheim, CA @ Chain Reaction
03.19 | Phoenix, AR @ Nile Theatre; 03.21 | Oklahoma City, OK @ 89th St. Collective
03.22 | Omaha, NE @ Sokol Underground; 03.24 | Chicago, IL @ Bottom Lounge
03.25 | Columbus, OH @ Skully's; 03.26 | Detroit, MI @ Magic Stick
03.27 | Toronto, ON @ Velvet Underground; 03.28 | Montreal, QC @ Fairmount
03.29 | Rochester, NY @ California Brew Haus; 03.30 | Worcester, MA @ Palladium
03.31 | Brooklyn, NY @ Brooklyn Bazaar; 04.01 | Philadelphia, PA @ Underground Arts
4. Summer of 2018:
June | K//L will participate at the Download Festival UK & a headlining show in Copenhagen Denmark.
July | Alternative Press confirms Knocked Loose will perform  'Special Guest' appearances at Warped Tour 2018; select cities:
K//L Warped Tour Summer of 2018 | Tour Dates:
07.10: Nashville, TN | 07.18: Cuyahoga Falls, OH
07.19: Cincinnati, OH | 07.21: Tinley Park, IL
07.24: Noblesville, IN.
Press & Interview Quotes
1. "I booked all the bands that should become the next Sleeping With Sirens or Pierce the Veil. I booked Neck Deep and Knocked Loose and I Prevail and Beartooth -- all doing really well as bands."
(2017 | Billboard Interviews Peter Lyman; Founder of Warped).
Kill Your Stereo:
1. "[K//L] is one of the most hyped bands 'in the scene' right now - that is with good reason;"
2. "The drumming is consistently two-step inducing - regular high-hat employment."
3. "Spoken word sequences on multiple tracks are menacing."
4. "They genuinely give the impression - there's no gimmick - that their anger is not forced;"
5. "A favorite for the live-oriented listeners."
(2016 | Kill Your Stereo Reviews 'Laugh Tracks').
1. "There aren't many bands that receive this much attention within just a couple of years [in] the scene."
2. "The success of EP 'Pop Culture (2014)' & extensive touring to build their following has paved the way."
3. "These ['Laugh Tracks'] songs; pit-inducing sections - heaviness and agression is constant."
(2016 | Invicta Reviews 'Laugh Tracks')
1. "The group's cardinal rules are to never turn down an interesting gig offer."
2. (Garris): 'We'll play with any band in any genre.'"
3. (Garris): [regarding writer's block] "I've got more to say."
(2017 | Revolver on K//L: 'Humility and Hard Work - Midwestern Hardcore')
Peck Metal Picks:
1. (Garris): "Nobody is in charge of hardcore; it's for everybody."
2. (Garris): "Kentucky is very close knit and everyone works hard to maintain (the scene)."
(2017 | Knocked Loose Interview by Andrew Pecoraro)
'Laugh Tracks' (2016) | Album Review
Two years ago; 'Laugh Tracks' (2016) was released; Today this album still conquers global word of mouth as one of the most recent contributions to radicalize the hardcore / metalcore the scene. With a screaming attention-to-the-public delivery of lyrics and eclectic drum patterns; guitar and bass riffs drive senses to dis-control. We at HeadRush listened to the album and our favorite lyrics are highlighted below.
K//L released an MV for "Deadringer" & "Billy No Mates" // "Counting Worms."
Spoiler: The last song on the album concludes with a literal sampled laugh track.
Album Tracklist | Favorite Lyrics
1. "Oblivions Peak" | "Institutions supporting murder; No, I won't support it."
2. "Deadringer" | "My tombstone was made at birth" - "Wish I could get away with murder."
3. "The Rain" | "The rain brings fear; and it burns my skin" - "The sky rains eternal."
4. "Blood Will Have Blood" | "Victim of deceit" - "Blood will have blood."
5. "Counting Worms" | "I wrote a song about getting better; It's a feeling I can't remember - Counting worms."
6. "My Heroes" | "I lost a stranger and my heart is crushed" - "All my heroes went to hell."
7. "Billy No Mates" | "Reject the blame" - "I did away with the poison; But I still feel like I'm dying."
8. "Last Words" | "Make me bleed; Master of pain." "The season of despair."
9. "No Thanks" | "Sentenced a life in hell" - "Time has passed; I still feel the same."
10. "A Fetish" | "If it wasn't me to pull the trigger; And my eyes roll back; As your spirit leaves."
11. "Laugh Tracks" | "Forget my words; Fall back in line; Do what you're told."
Pure Noise Artists | Bearings, Boston Manor, Can't Swim, Counterparts, Drug Church, Elder Brother, First Blood, Four Year Strong, Gardenhead, Hawthorne Heights, Homesafe, Jule Vera, Less Than Jake, Like Pacific, Lizzy Farrall, Masked Intruder, Reggie & the Full Effect, Seaway, Senses Fail, Sharptooth, Speak Low if you Speak Love, State Champs, Stick To Your Guns, Terror, The Story So Far.
Good Fight Manages: '68, The Acacia Strain, Anthony Green, Between the Buried & Me, Bless the Fall, Cannibal Corpse, Circa Survive, Children of Bodom, Comeback Kid, Counterparts, The Devil Wears Prada, Eighteen Visions, Every Time I Die, Galactic Empire, Harms Way, In Motive, Martyr AD, The Menzingers, Miss May I, Nails, Old Wounds, Restorations, Saosin, Stick To Your Guns, Terror, Turnstile, Unearth, Whores.
Video | 'Vans Warped Tour' via Twitter
All images and visuals are originally produced and owned by Headrush TV. Any unauthorized use of material is strictly prohibited.